blankrecipesdotshakeologydotbeachbodydotfree-coachdotaboutdottransformationsblankblankshopdotjoinblank

1.13.2015

Just Don't Think About It

"Just don't think about it!" <--- Any of you anxiety dwellers ever hear this one? And then want to gauge out their eyeballs? Haha. No, but really...It's HARD dealing with anxiety when others around you can't always relate.



I've touched on my anxiety a bit on my blog and while I don't want the majority of my blogging to be anxiety based, I do want to share struggles here, because lets face it, most times we get the BEST parts of someones life on social media and then we think they live in a fairy tale land filled with rainbows and butterflies, while you're over there just trying to keep your head above the water! Well, everyone has their moments and while I love to focus on the positives, I think that anxiety is something LOTS of people have, but for some reason we keep it hush hush.

Yesterday was one of those tough days for me. Unsure just WHY I felt the way I did but I will tell you that I was up the majority of the night, with a racing heart and just this gut wrenching feeling that I couldn't talk myself out of. Here's what I did throughout the day that was SUPER helpful: (Maybe a few of these things will help you)

1. A friend told me to take long deep breaths in, 10 seconds at a time, then hold that for 10 seconds, releasing slowly.

2. Get OUT of the house. Make yourself leave! I know we want to curl up in a ball but just go do SOMETHING.

3. Workout. I absolutely was dreading this part of my day yesterday, but after I was done, I felt MUCH better.

4. DOVE into my Bible and Daily Devotional (Jesus Calling).

5. Asked my momma to come over and have a Bachelor snuggle fest. Sometimes there is just nothing better than your family telling you ALL is ok. And lastly, a dance party with my babe to top it all off.


Anxiety WANTS to control your life...But you have to remember that its all just a mental game. God controls my life, I control my thoughts and my feelings stem from all of those things. <3

Just don't think about it, ok? ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment